Who Am I? - A Bible Memory Verse Activity for Kids for Colossians 3:16 April 27 2018, 0 Comments
Who Am I?A Bible memory verse activity is a great way to teach God's amazing Word and here's a Bible game based on Colossians 3:16.
Colossians 3:16 says this: “Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns and spirituals with gratitude to God.” When the Word of God dwells richly within our hearts and our minds I believe this means that we are familiar with God’s Word. The Bible’s stories, characters and truths are not strangers to us. You are learning to know them well and God’s word is enriching your life. Here is a fun Bible memory verse activity to see how richly God’s Word dwells within you. It’s called “Who Am I?”
Here’s what you do:
For this Bible memory verse activity you will need to prepare picture cards for the Bible characters listed below. On the backs of the picture cards write the statement associated with each character. You will also need to prepare 21 point cards – 4 (10 point cards), 4 (20 point cards), 4 (30 point cards), 4 (40 point cards) and 5 (50 point cards). On the fronts of the point cards write the game title “Who Am I?” Laminate all your cards for long-term use. Place all the point cards title side out on a pocket chart or lay them out on a table. The picture cards should be fanned out in your hand from which the kids will pick.
How to play:
Divide your class into 2 teams. Have a child from the first team come forward. Have him point to a point card. Turn it over to reveal the number of points he could possibly earn for his team. Now read the statement on the back of the picture. The child will now make a guess as to who the person is in the picture. If he guesses it correctly he earns the number of points he picked. If he does not make a correct guess, the other team gets a chance to guess. If they are correct, they will earn double the amount of points that were picked. This will make for a more exciting game.
Before playing the game, you may want to introduce it in the following way:
Raise your hand if you can tell me about someone you are familiar with or know really well. (Wait for responses.) Do you guys think that you can know God’s Word really well just like knowing your best friend or a family member? I believe you can. I know it is my desire to have God’s Word dwell within me richly. Who will read Colossians 3:16? (Wait for response.) I’m curious how well you guys know the Bible. How comfortable are you with knowing its stories, characters and truths? Let’s play a game called “Who Am I?” to help us learn to know God’s Word even more.
List of Bible stories:
1. Adam – My first-born son, Cain, killed his brother, Abel, and became the first murderer. Who am I?
2. Noah – I told many about the coming flood, but in the end only myself, my wife, our 3 sons and their wives were saved. Who am I?
3. Abraham – God told me that my ancestors would number more than the stars in the sky. Who am I?
4. Hagar – God protected my son Ishmael and I after Sarah had cruelly sent us away. Who am I?
5. Lot – God told my wife not to look back at Sodom and Gomorrah as we were fleeing for our lives. Who am I?
6. Isaac – I was doubly blessed. My wife gave birth to twin sons – Jacob and Esau. Who am I?
7. Esau – My brother Jacob tricked me out of my birthright, but later I forgave him. Who am I?
8. Jacob – I fell in love with Rachel, but my uncle tricked me on my wedding day and I ended up marrying Leah instead. Who am I?
9. Joseph – My brothers threw me in a well, but what my brothers meant for evil, God meant for good. Who am I?
10. Moses – My mother protected me from being killed when I was a baby and hid me in a basket made of reeds. Down the river I went until I came to an Egyptian princess. Who am I?
11. Pharaoh – My firstborn son died during the plague of death. I let Moses’ people go. Who am I?
12. Aaron – while Moses was on Mt. Sanai receiving the 10 Commandments, I encouraged the Israelites to build a golden calf and worship it. Who am I?
13. Joshua – Caleb and I went to spy out the land of Canaan that God promised to give us. Who am I?
“Let the Word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish too, with all wisdom and as you sing psalms, hymns and spirituals with gratitude to God.”
If you want more Bible songs for children, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Songs and 6 FREE Bible games as downloadable resources to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just go to www.MyFreeBibleGames.com to fully subscribe.