Let's Celebrate People in the Bible - A Fun Sunday School Lesson April 18 2018, 0 Comments
Did you know that you can have a celebration for people in the Bible with your kids? Try this fun Sunday School idea to help your children become more familiar with the main characters in God's Word. All throughout the year, you can highlight one or more people in the Bible each month.
Kids LOVE celebrations and I bet you do, too! Here is a fun Sunday School activity to help celebrate different people in the Bible throughout the year. If you treat the celebration like a "birthday" your kids will look forward to your monthly celebrations.
Here's what you need to prepare to play "Let's Celebrate People in the Bible":
1. You will need to decide which Bible character you want to celebrate.
Here is a list of possible people in the Bible that I came up with for each month of the year:
January - Adam and Eve
February - Ruth
March - Peter
April - Noah
May - Mary
June - Samson
July - Esther
August - Moses
September - Daniel
October - Elijah
November - David
December - Jesus
2. Make a "Celebration Bag" for the Bible character. Find a pretty party bag and fill it with objects that have something to do with the person in the Bible.
For example, let's say I have chosen Moses. I would include the following things in my bag:
- a small basket (as a reminder that his mother placed him in it)
- a camel (as a reminder that he lived in Egypt)
- a stick (as a reminder that God gave him a staff to rule)
- a pair of sandals (as a reminder that God told him to take off his sandals when talking to Him)
- The Ten Commandments
- some sand (as a reminder that God used him to split the Red Sea and dry land appeared.)
I think this list gives you some ideas of how you can help your kids remember important lessons about people in the Bible from the different objects.
3. Find a nice picture that depicts the Bible character you are celebrating and put it on the front of the bag. 4. You could use this same picture and make it small and attach it to a popsicle stick to give to each child as a "party favor."
How to play "Let's Celebrate People in the Bible":
1. Tell the children that they are going to celebrate a special person in the Bible. Have them gather around and pull out the "Celebration Bag" you have prepared. Announce the person in the Bible your are celebrating or let them try and guess who is being celebrated by the picture.
2. Invite a child to come and pull out one item from the bag. Tell them how the object is important. Follow this pattern with all the objects in the bag.
3. If you really want to make your celebration special, make a treat that showcases your Bible character. A great resource for creative Bible story snacks is Pinterest. For example, if you are celebrating Moses, you could make these fun snacks found by clicking HERE.
4. Finally, use the following words put to the tune of the "Happy Birthday" song to finish off your celebration:
Let’s celebrate Moses
Let’s celebrate Moses
Our Lord God madeMoses
And God made us too
If you want more Bible songs for children, then sign up to receive Scripture Lady's Free Email Kid Tips packed full with creative ideas and receive 6 FREE Bible Songs and 6 FREE Bible games as downloadable resources to help get the kids you minister to excited about the Bible!
Just go to www.MyFreeBibleGames.com to fully subscribe.